Monday, May 25, 2009

Some Boys Aren't Jerks... ...Well in Disney anyway

This romantic story appeared on a friends blog. Isn't it beautiful?

Girl: Slow down, Im scared.
Guy: No, this is fun.
Girl: No its not.
Please its too scary!
Guy: Then tell me you love me.
Girl: Fine I love you.
Slow down!
Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.
Girl: *hugs him*
Guy: Can you take my helmet off and put it on yourself? Its bugging me.
Girl: Alright, now slow down
Guy: I love you babe

(in the paper the next day):
A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake failure. Two people were on it, but only 1 had survived.

The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his brakes broke, but he didn’t want to let the girl know. Instead, he had her say she loved him and felt her hug one last time, and then he had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it meant that he would die.


Aww how cute, Romantic guy saves his girls life, Might even bring tears to the eyes . However it's just as cute and as romantic and tearjerking as, Say, Ella Enchanted, The worst fantasy since Disney started.
But, There is more in common between these two story's than I first implied, Ella Enchanted is probably more likely to be a true story. You see they are both works of fiction, Me and some friends got into an argument over wither or not this guy was a jerk I talked about letting go of the accelerator, turning a corner but, I was starting to lose, so I came out with the idea that it wasn't even a true story, This at the time I was yet to prove, so the next day I try'ed to search for a newspaper article with evidence of this story, but I could not find anything indercateing truth or fiction. Untill i came across a site called Snopes.com (www.snopes.com) this site gave me some interesting info I quote: The story appears to be a work of fiction in that we have been unable to find any news storys of such an accident... ...Numerous folks who know far more about motorbike than we do have pointed out that most (If not all) Bikes have two breaking which are independent of each other, so it would be hardly likely for both to fail at the same time. Even if they did, a motorbike that has lost it's brakes can be brought to a stop by downshifting or even turning off the engine.

1 comment:

  1. Hear Hear Dan.

    I hate these stories that 'could be true' give me proof man!

    Good to see ya blogging again.

    James

    ReplyDelete